When it comes to Valentine’s Day gifts for your partner, the very first thing that pops up into most people minds is flowers. Flowers is the most common and romantic way to express your feelings. Flowers speak more than the words and it is by far the easiest way to show your love and appreciation. Valentine’s Day is quite popular for giving out flowers throughout the world, and for good reason.
No person would deny the fact that roses are the most popular types of Valentine’s flowers, as they are the universal symbol of love. However, every popular flower has its own meaning and significance. Even the color of a rose symbolizes different meaning.
- Red Rose: Red roses are the universal symbol of love and romance. A Bouquet of red roses is the best way to express your deep love for someone very special. It proclaims “I love you”.
- Pink Rose: Pink roses symbolize grace and elegance. It should be given to someone you admire, as it shows innocent happiness.
- Yellow Rose: Yellow rose symbolizes true friendship and it evokes a warmth feeling.
- Lilac Rose: Lilac roses symbolize that the sender has fallen in love at first sight.
- White Rose: A white rose is the symbol of truth and innocence. It says “I miss you”.
- Coral Rose: Coral roses express a strong desire of the sender.
- Gerber Daisies: Gerber Daisies are quite famous among Valentine’s Day flowers. Daisies are the symbol of loyal love, innocence and faith. Gerber Daisies are the fifth most selling flower in the world. It comes in a wide range of colors, including yellow, white, pink, and red.
- Orchids: Being recognized as highly exotic and graceful ornamental plants, orchid represents beauty and luxury. Orchids also symbolize strength and love.
- Sunflower: Sunflowers represent sign of purity, warmth and happiness.
- Tulips: Tulips are one of the most popular flowers in the world. These classic and the elegant blooms represent comfort and warmth as well as it stands for true love.
- Carnations: Carnations symbolizes fascination and new love. These are very affordable as compared to other Valentine flowers.
- Casa Blanca Lilies: These oriental lilies are quite expensive and it represents beauty, class and style.
- Irises: Mostly seen in white, blue and yellow, irises stand for hope and faith.